Monday, December 15, 2008

Check It Out: Jergens Naturals Lotion

I spent half an hour on Saturday reading labels at Wal-Mart (crosses self). I was looking for new Paraben Free products that I had not already seen online. Jergens Naturals was the only new product I found on the shelves that passed my label test.

The label claims 92% natural ingredients. It does contain a lot of natural oils and glycerin which is always a good start. I didn't buy any since I am still up to my eyeballs with my Desert Essence.

Size: 16.8 ounces
Price: $7.99

That's a good price for a nice sized jug of lotion.

Ingredients:
Water , Glycerin , Glyceryl Stearate , Myristyl Myristate , Cocoa Seed Butter - Theobroma Cacao , Soybean Oil - Glycine Soja , Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides , Cetearyl Alcohol , Cyclopentasiloxane , Jojoba Seed Oil - Simmondsia Chinensis , Agave Tequilana Leaf Extract , Opuntia Vulgaris Extract , Sunflower Seed Oil - Helianthus Annuus , Safflower Seed Oil - Carthamus Tinctorius , Meadowfoam Seed OilSeed Oil - Limnanthes Alba , Shea Butter - Butyrospermum Parkii , Olive Oil Unsaponifiables - Olea Europaea , Lecithin , Jojoba Esters , Olive Fruit Oil - Olea Europaea , Oat Kernel Meal - Avena Sativa , Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract , Avocado Oil - Persea Gratissima , Tocopherol - Vitamin E , Ceteareth-20 , Polyglycerin-10 , PEG-100 Stearate , Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer , Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides , Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil , Fragrance , Sodium Hydroxide , DMDM Hydantoin , Phenoxyethanol , Ethylhexylglycerin , Caramel

4 comments:

Charisse said...

We are currently using this one. It smells so good. My daughter uses this too. She had an eczema on her left foot and I've tried tons of products already. The doctors would just give her a prescription of hydrocortizone and I stopped using it since it didn't help at all.. Hopefully this lotion will moisturize her skin enough because I'm so tired of using too many products on her!

Charisse said...

We are currently using this one. It smells so good. My daughter uses this too. She had an eczema on her left foot and I've tried tons of products already. The doctors would just give her a prescription of hydrocortizone and I stopped using it since it didn't help at all.. Hopefully this lotion will moisturize her skin enough because I'm so tired of using too many products on her!

Ifeoma-Fobi said...

Charisse, I use Aubrey Organics Island Naturals shampoo and conditioner and I loove it. I am buying their Baby Wash and Lotion of a friend who is expecting because it is so mild and natural, and according to the reviews, the Baby lotion is good for eczema too. I know you are probably tired of trying new products but give it a try and I am sure you will like it. All the best.

Here is a link to their website
http://www.aubrey-organics.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=103

Middle Aged Stalker said...

Jergens Naturals is now available in the UK ( and half price in a few stores) I am currently using Ultra Hydrating with Jojoba Oil. In the UK the label is 96% natural ingredients, it is probably one of the best value natural products I have tried and very effective.